Sunday, April 11, 2010

elbowing during church.

Hypothetically speaking I'm supposed to be working on a 10 paged paper about mothers with depression, buuut thats not due until Tuesday, and being ahead of schedule would just be nonsense. That actually has a lot to do with the subject of this bloggy. 
     Today in church our pastor gave a lovely and inspiring message about spiritual gifts, and finding your purpose in the body of Christ. Anyways, during the sermon, Pastor Steve was talking about how each of us are so different. He talked about how some people are so organized and have everything scheduled. I elbowed Jake. He talked about how others are spontaneous and just do things when they feel like it. Jake elbowed me. He mentioned those who are off the chart introverts and get all of their energy being alone. Another elbow to Jake from me. Then he mentioned those who are off the chart extroverts whose energy increases and increases as they are with more people. Another elbow to me from Jake. Then Pastor Steve pointed out that most of the time these people are married. 
      If opposites don't attract then Jake and I are in trouble. But since we're already six years into this, I think we'll be ok. 
It's so lovely having somebody that is everything you're not. Jake is my stability when I need to be grounded. I am his energy when he is feeling low. He is my voice of logic and reason. I am his comic relief. He is my consistency. I am his spontaneity.  Sometimes I think I have the better deal. 
God is a smart dude. If I was dating a male Karissa I would be in a mental institution. I love Jake's quiet and composed personality, and that he thinks hard before each word that he speaks. He loves that I am a social butterfly and talk faster than I can think. Together we form one super human. At least I think so :) 
Be thankful for your gifts and personality. Be thankful for those in your life that keep you balanced. Be thankful for everything! God is love. Rev Run. 





2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet you both! And it better be BEFORE your wedding! I think this describes me and Sean, too. The one thing that I have found is that while we may be opposites, our foundations and beliefs/values are the same. We have the same long-term goals. And we support one another. Without that, opposites just won't make it. But I can already tell you that you are in a special relationship. You have what very few of have. Enjoy it every day and be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knnoowww! We definitely need to unite in the real world already! I agree completely on being the same with beliefs and values. It is so very nice :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete