Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Yearnings

Hi. Happy 2011! Every time I see 2011, I gag. I feel like we should have flying cars and Bicentennial Men in every household. Oh well. iPads shall do.
First of all, do you dig the new style? And name? I do. I've wanted to scrap the Karissa Explains It All for a while now. I know, I know- it was witty. I've just used it since literally 2006. I've also been wanting to incorporate this lovely and heart-warming Philippians verse for a while, then suddenly it all came together. Since I blog about my life and my life is filled with pretty things, I figured it would be apprope. Disclaimer: the fact that my picture is under the title does not suggest that I think I am a pretty thing. I simply put it there in hopes somebody important stumbles across my blog and wants to give me a reality show. Now, lets continue onto cliche blog topics.
I typically hate resolutions. Mostly because I forget them before we make it to February. this year I am hoping the this old bloggy will help to keep me accountable. I can't narrow things down for the life of me, so here are some of the top goals for this upcoming crazy and exciting year.
1. be more consistent in bible readings. i have this really great system of an at home, all alone study. Problem: one missed day leads to two leads to five. i need experiment with what times work best for me. most of the time i just remember at the same time i remember to do homework: when i'm half asleep.
2. bulk up for wedding. please don't judge for how manly this sounds. i just don't want to be a scrawny bride.
3. drink more water. i need to accept that h2o won't start tasting like peach tea or coke any time soon.
4. maintain relationships. weekly phone calls or texts to out of town friends. coffee dates. check ins. prayer sessions. i could easily be a better initiator.
5. develop organizational skills. yeeeahhh....maybe Yeager can help me with that one.
6. become a professional ballerina and/or Natalie Portman.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look and of course you are pretty. One of my favorite verses, I think we dwell too much on the negatives of the world and need to dwell on the beauty of it. Love you and your blog. Keep it up soon to be Mrs. Yeager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the new look. My mom just ordered me a new bible, i'm excited for it. We are going to be having a 6 wk course on the Gospel of John.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete