Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Forward!




I think I'm one of ten people in America who enjoy Spring Daylight Savings Time. Of course, losing one hour of sleep isn't the most fabulous of situations, but I still prefer it over gaining one. Why? It's the first step towards summer. 
I've always been a summer girl. I was born in the summer, and when I was nine years old I was so jealous of Summer Sanders because a) I wanted to host Figure It Out and b) I wanted her name. 
Summer means black skin and boat rides. Night swims and no make-up. Sweet tea and So You Think You Can Dance. Reuniting and Relaxation. 
I love the long hot days, and the creativity your mind surprises you with on the equally long nights. Good things happen in the summer. Bad things too, but mostly good. This summer is going to be especially good. I can feel it. Until then let's reflect on summer's past, shall we? 































No comments:

Post a Comment