Wednesday, May 19, 2010

veruca

Confession: I have the ability to be really really ridiculously selfish. I’m a human so I realize that comes with the package, but I hate it more than anything. I just can’t handle it.

I do this thing where I think I deserve everything (good). I become frustrated and discouraged when I don’t get what I think I need. I become exhausted when I feel like I’ve worked so hard for so little. I become bitter and restless and impatient.

And then it hits me. I realize just HOW much I have not gotten that I deserve. I deserve severe punishment for my countless sins. Guess what? Haven’t gotten it yet. What I do have is boundless grace and eternal life.

Cue the effort for more grace in my life. Cue patience and understanding. Cue acceptance and faith. Just my current thoughts. Carry on.

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourself, it is the gift of God- not by works , so that no one can boast. “ Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment