Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 11 :)

A story of something that made me happy today.

     For the past few weeks I've been on Youtube for hours, listening to the tracks from Adele's new cd, 21. I'm all about that girl. Like, obsessed. I haven't bought music in quite some time (which I am VERY ashamed to say). Since Limewire isn't free anymore, I've been music hungry.
     Yesterday, Jake and I were shopping in Target. I was trying to rush him past the entertainment section because he will spend an hour browsing through every.single.dvd. Then I saw the Adele album resting on the shelf.
    "Uggghhh. I want that soooo bad." I told Jake. Of course, he knows I wouldn't buy it. I've been mega budget conscious lately with the wedding and the fact that we are on our own in 3 months. Jake isn't careless about money by any means, either. The moment I finished my sentence, he picked up the cd, threw it in the basket and kept walking.
    "No! I don't need it!" I said, putting it back on the shelf.
    "You're getting it! Come on, " He answered, putting it back.
 I let him win, for once. I did want the cd. It wouldn't hurt to splurge a little on some good music. He, of course, insisted on paying for it once we got to the register. I bought him a burger later in the day to show my appreciation. Moral of the story: I'm thankful to have someone who wants to spoil me, who wants me to be happy. Yes, it was just a silly Adele cd, but it meant a lot to me. It's the little things, right? But really, its the big, lovely, beautiful, super meaningful things hidden within those little things :)


Ps. The cd is phenomenal. I'm constantly looking for places to drive to so I can jam in my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment